At the strategic level, he has worked in Britain’s Ministry of Defense in London and at the US Central Command in Tampa, Fla., and was seconded to Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, specializing in Afghanistan policy and operations.
He has extensive experience working for the United Nations, in the peacekeeping missions in Afghanistan and in eastern Congo and, until late 2014, at headquarters in New York, where he was the principal aide to the secretary-general’s military adviser. Cunliffe has a master’s degree in defense administration from Cranfield University in Britain.
This Week's Most Popular
- Coronavirus Soars, Trump Golfs, Pence Falls: Who the Hell Is in Charge of the US?
- Germany Renews Its Push for Multilateralism as the Top Dog in July
- Trump Is So Scary He Makes Even Bolton Look Good
- Finally, a Global Cease-Fire Resolution, US-Iran Venom, Desperate Syrians
- Three Ways to Help Prevent Violence Against Women and Girls