As president of the Global Justice Center in New York, Benshoof is working to enforce international human-rights guarantees focused on gender equality, rule of law in transitional democracies and criminal accountability for international humanitarian law violations. She received a MacArthur Foundation fellowship for her contributions to constitutional and humanitarian law, has a law degree from Harvard and has taught at Harvard Law School and at Bard College.
This Week's Most Popular
- In Mali, the First Death of a UN Peacekeeper From Covid-19 Keeps His Family Guessing
- India to the UN Security Council: There Will Be No Alliances
- Will the Human Rights Council’s Rare Steps to Combat Racism Make a Difference?
- How to Land a Job at the UN, Even in a Pandemic
- Pompeo’s New Agenda Targets the UN Rights Declaration