Dr. Freedman has published two books, "Failing to Protect: The UN and the Politicization of Human Rights" and "The United Nations Human Rights Council: A Critique and Early Assessment." Her academic articles have appeared in such journals as the European Journal of International Law and Human Rights Quarterly. She also writes for national and digital media, works closely with the UN and with state governments and sits on the advisory boards of international NGOs.
Dr. Freedman received a master of laws degree from University College London and a Ph.D. from Queen Mary University of London.
This Week's Most Popular
- Coronavirus Soars, Trump Golfs, Pence Falls: Who the Hell Is in Charge of the US?
- Germany Renews Its Push for Multilateralism as the Top Dog in July
- Trump Is So Scary He Makes Even Bolton Look Good
- Finally, a Global Cease-Fire Resolution, US-Iran Venom, Desperate Syrians
- Three Ways to Help Prevent Violence Against Women and Girls