In journalism, Manuel worked for more than a decade as a newspaper reporter and columnist, including in Honolulu, Washington, D.C., and Nevada. She has a master's degree in journalism and a bachelor's degree in social sciences from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Robbed of Their Island in the Indian Ocean, Chagossians Linger in a Pandemic-Shadowed Limbo
- Pulling Peacekeepers From Darfur Will Be a Murderous Mistake
- Never Underestimate the Grit of Malawians to Survive the Coronavirus
- As the US Slams the WHO, It Is Giving Millions to Another UN Agency to Fight Covid-19
- Is the US Ready for a Feminist Foreign Policy? Absolutely, Advocates Say