In journalism, Manuel worked for more than a decade as a newspaper reporter and columnist, including in Honolulu, Washington, D.C., and Nevada. She has a master's degree in journalism and a bachelor's degree in social sciences from the University of California, Berkeley.
This Week's Most Popular
- In Mali, the First Death of a UN Peacekeeper From Covid-19 Keeps His Family Guessing
- Will the Human Rights Council’s Rare Steps to Combat Racism Make a Difference?
- How to Land a Job at the UN, Even in a Pandemic
- Pompeo’s New Agenda Targets the UN Rights Declaration
- Rosemary DiCarlo, the Top-Ranking American at the UN, Describes Her Work Crisscrossing the World