Our advisory board consists of journalists, marketing specialists and general UN experts: Irwin Arieff, Alison Gardy, Jeff Laurenti, Nina Lahoud, Susan Manuel, Joanne Myers, Anne Marie Riccitelli and Stephen Schlesinger. Our board members and reporters and editors (see below) are available as part of our speakers’ bureau on women’s rights, the UN and foreign affairs. (To inquire, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- PassBlue’s editor, Dulcie Leimbach, worked for more than 20 years as an editor and writer for The New York Times, including working on numerous news desks, the Sunday Magazine and the editorial/op-ed page. Her journalism career began at The Rocky Mountain News in Denver; from there she moved back east to New York, soon working for The Times as a fact-checker and then as an editor and writer. She founded PassBlue in 2011 with Barbara Crossette (see below); and together they have grown the news site through social media and thousands of subscribers. Leimbach has reported from the UN, Europe and West Africa on primarily women’s issues for PassBlue. She also taught journalism at Hofstra University.
- Barbara Crossette, PassBlue’s senior correspondent, has decades of experience as a journalist as the UN bureau chief for The New York Times from 1994-2001 and as chief correspondent in Southeast Asia and South Asia, winning awards along the way for her work.
- Irwin Arieff, who covered the UN, the White House and the US State Department for Reuters, is a senior consulting editor and was a regular contributor to our Nikki Haley Watch column and on reports about the latest US ambassador to the UN, Kelly Craft.
- John Penney, chief technology officer and photographer, is a graduate of Boston University’s School of Fine Arts. He worked as a commercial photographer for BN.com for two decades.
- Laura Kirkpatrick, a graduate of the Columbia University School of Journalism, is a senior editor who manages PassBlue’s Facebook account and a writer.
- Kacie Candela, an award-winning reporter for WFUV Radio at Fordham University, is an assistant editor who co-produces PassBlue’s podcast series, UN-Scripted. She is studying law at Fordham.
- Deborah Baldwin is a part-time editor with decades of experience working at The New York Times, among other publications. She has a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Oregon and a B.S.in American civilization from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Stéphanie Fillion writes regularly on the UN, focusing on big powers, ambassadors and women’s issues. She is a co-producer of UN-Scripted, PassBlue’s podcast series.