The countries of South Asia, stretching from Afghanistan to the Burmese border, have enjoyed a large measure of press freedom, with relatively few long interruptions, since the days of British colonialism. Recently, however, reports of episodes of violence and intimidation of journalists have been emerging across the region, where India is the dominant power. Recently, …
Committee to Protect Journalists South Asia report
Read More »
- Trump Quits the World Health Organization. The Victim Is the United States.
- Pulling Peacekeepers From Darfur Will Be a Murderous Mistake
- Why Would Anyone Want This Job? The WHO Prepares to Elect a New Chief
- Never Underestimate the Grit of Malawians to Survive the Coronavirus
- Is the US Ready for a Feminist Foreign Policy? Absolutely, Advocates Say