A legal defense fund has been set up for John Ashe, a former president of the United Nations General Assembly, who has been accused by the United States government in a million-dollar tax fraud case. The fund is to help Ashe and his wife, Anilla Cherian, to fight a “complicated and unprecedented tax-related criminal case …
Heidi Hong Piao
A luxury-loving diplomat susceptible to bribery, a clutch of rich Chinese with business interests and an open door to the top leadership of the United Nations General Assembly. It all adds up to not only a blow to the integrity of the UN but also a stark demonstration of the dysfunction of an international system …
- Pulling Peacekeepers From Darfur Will Be a Murderous Mistake
- Trump Quits the World Health Organization. The Victim Is the United States.
- Never Underestimate the Grit of Malawians to Survive the Coronavirus
- Is the US Ready for a Feminist Foreign Policy? Absolutely, Advocates Say
- Robbed of Their Island in the Indian Ocean, Chagossians Linger in a Pandemic-Shadowed Limbo