Gert Rosenthal does not sound like a Spanish name, but the mother of Rosenthal, the Guatemalan ambassador to the United Nations, was born there and his father was German. To complicate matters, “a little accident happened,” he said, as his parents, Florence and Ludwig, left Germany in the 1930s, and Rosenthal was born in Amsterdam. …
Read More »
- Trump Quits the World Health Organization. The Victim Is the United States.
- Pulling Peacekeepers From Darfur Will Be a Murderous Mistake
- Never Underestimate the Grit of Malawians to Survive the Coronavirus
- Is the US Ready for a Feminist Foreign Policy? Absolutely, Advocates Say
- Robbed of Their Island in the Indian Ocean, Chagossians Linger in a Pandemic-Shadowed Limbo